Tuesday 28 April 2015

WonderWool Wales

On Sunday we ventured into the beautiful Welsh hills for our annual visit to WonderWool. I love this gathering of like-minded folks, where everyone is passionate about craftiness, the atmosphere and enthusiasm. There are so many talented makers there, so much beautiful yarny goodness. 
I always love seeing the beautiful fluffy critters - Alpacas, sheep and Angora bunnies, happily enjoying the attention. There were huge installations too - Alison Murray's Gingerbread house covered in cakes, with knitted walls and a cosy bed in the corner, and the Giant Cardigan for Cardigan by Lisa Hellier. It was all so very impressive and inspiring! 
I didn't take a shopping list, but of course I expected to buy sock yarn - I found bargain Araucania Ranco merino 4ply in grey pink, and some beautiful Merino/Cashmere 4ply from Rosie's Moments which was my special purchase of the day! I also picked up a Kool Aid dye it yourself kit from Rosie's Moment, I am so excited to try it out! I just love the idea of dyeing my own sock yarn before knitting it up. I found some beautiful hand-dyed wool from Eliza Conway, I went for mustard, olive and turquoise, and was kindly given a purple ball by a friend. I didn't really have a plan for it, but I bought plenty so I'd have enough for a project. It was 50p for each 50g ball so it was pretty bargainous! 
I'm already looking forward to next year, and I can't wait to start using my lovely new stash! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely time! Can't wait to see how your yarn dyeing goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a splendid time, it's a lovely day out! I'm still in the research stages for my dyeing adventures, looking at different ways to do different things, it's very exciting (and a little scary!!) x

      Delete