Saturday 29 August 2015

Yorkshire Sculpture Park

Yorkshire Sculpture Park is one of those places that I'd always wanted to visit but never quite got around to, so we made a plan and picked a day and off we went on our adventures. It was the most wonderful place, and I already want to go again. 

Some of the huge sculptures in the grounds
Henry Moore - Large Reclining Figure
Nikki de Saint Phalle - Buddha
Nigel Hall 
Sophie Ryder - Sitting
The Camellia House was one of my highlights, it was so beautiful, I could have lived there. There's just something about the strangeness of huge trees and bushes being inside, and the light and all of the glass. It was heavenly.
The Wave sculpture is being installed at the moment, after missing it at the Tower I was so pleased to see it. It's stunning. 

 The Shell Grotto
The Boat House, the lake and the Dam.
And my absolute favourite part of our visit - the Rob Ryan exhibition. It was just the best thing to see so much of his beautiful work in one place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment