Saturday 26 September 2015

My Week... mostly a studio update...

This week has been totally focussed on my lovely new studio. I've made it pretty and I have tried to find snazzy ways to display my work, and in turn been inspired to make new jewellery to display. It's wonderful to feel so creative, I think I've been distracted for a little while now, but I think I'm back on track now. I read something somewhere about staying creative, how you never run out of creativity and how being creative leads to more creativity (that's a lot of "creative" in one sentence, my apologies) and it's something that has stayed with me, and I'm trying to live by that idea. 
My next job in the studio is one that I'm very excited about - I will be putting up my peg board above my desk. It's so exciting because I've never really been able to put all of my bits of paper, postcards, jewellery experiments, fabric samples, knitting swatches etc in one place before. It will be a place for all of my inspiration, and I'm so excited - when I was at uni, the Fine Art students all had their own allotted wall space, but over in Applied Art we were much more nomadic, we couldn't really leave things around the place, and these days I have my stall, but it's not really private enough for me to feel comfortable with customers coming and going, so this will be a first for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment